Toyota GT86 Front V2 Lock Kit for Front Rack
GT86 front V2 Lock kit for front rack is made of high strength steel. It is a little heavier than the V1 kit, but it is stronger, stiffer and has more adjustment options and improved kinematics. Due to the boxer engine, the original steering rack location is very unsuitable for drifting, therefore the steering rack has been moved infront of the crossmember with the possibility to use any rear sump engine you like. The main advantage of the front steering rack location is more precise steering feel on big angle that makes the car much easier to handle in extreme conditions. BMW E9X or Lexus LS (UCF30) steering rack is needed to be used with this kit to replace the original electric power steering.
Want to know how does Wisefab Lock kit fits your driftcar check the link below CHECK FITMENT or here!
Check out the rear V2 suspension kit for Toyota GT86
Scroll down to order your spare parts conviently right here!
Here is our recommended alignment parameters:
Toe in/out: If Ackermann is 0 or negative then toe is 2mm out. If Ackermann is positive then toe is 0
- Toyota GT86 Front STI Conversion Kit$115.00excluding VAT
- Toyota GT86 Rear V2 Suspension Drop Knuckle Kit$2,400.00excluding VAT
- Toyota GT86 Rear Halfshaft Kit$1,880.00excluding VAT
- 65+ degrees of usable steering angle
- Adjustable Ackermann angle. You can tune your steering geometry towards positive or negative Ackermann in just a few minutes without messing up the alignment. Ackermann adjustment washers are included in the kit.
- Knuckles and control arms are made of high strength steel. All parts are machined after welding for maximum precision.
- CrMo rod ends and sphericals used instead of OEM bushings
- Higher roll center (RC)
With our knuckle, the ball joint is lowered, which brings the front RC up on a lowered car, providing higher roll stiffness. This allows to remove the front anti roll-bar (sway bar) that is quite difficult to package with high steering angle.
- Good camber control and minimal bump steer with high steering angle.
On drift cars the dynamic camber and bump steer is much more important than static. With our kinematics we have assured that the camber will provide very good front grip and bump steer is minimal throughout the steering range.
- Steering jacking control
During drifting, when steering angle is increased, jacking is also bigger, even with the same geometry it could become a problem. We have changed the geometry in a way that doesn't cause any handling issues.
- Consistent and predictable self-alignment torque.
Caster is not the only important parameter to provide sufficient self-alignment torque, especially at high lock. It's the combination of different parameters to maintain consistent trail and self-alignment torque. With our setup the steering wheel turns always to the direction of movement and doesn't get stuck at full lock.
- Pre-set lower control arms
- Knuckles with hardware
- Assembeled tie rods
- Pre-set coilover camber plates
- Front position rack relocating kit
- Crossmember supports
- Installation guide
- BMW and Lexus steering rack attachments and crossmember inserts are included in the kit. To modify the crossmember some DIY cutting and welding needs to be done. Please make sure to follow the installation manual.
- This kit assumes coilovers for enough clearance
- Dependent on rim width and ET, wider fenders or fender flares are needed.
- Due to extremely wide engine bay on Subaru BRZ, we recommend using tires no bigger than 605mm (215/40R17, 225/40R17, 225/35R18, 235/35R18)
- With tire diameter up to 635mm (215/45R17, 225/45R17, 235/40R17, 225/40R18 etc) and lowered ride height the inner wheel wells need to be slightly modified.
- Recommend rim size 18" but some 17" might also fit.
- Depending on the rim diameter the recommended backspacing is 150-160mm (7" ET45; 8" ET35; 9" ET25). If ET is smaller, then wheels stay more outwards, if ET is bigger, then spacers need to be used.
|Prodmaster Name||V2 Lock Kit for Front Rack|