Scion FRS Front Lock Kit for Lexus IS Rear Rack
Due to the boxer engine, the original steering rack location is very unsuitable for drifting, therefore the steering rack has been moved from under the front crossmember with the possibility to use either the boxer engine or I6/V8 or something else. Lexus IS 1st gen (XE10 1998-2005) hydraulic steering rack is needed to be used with the kit to replace the original electric power steering. Lexus IS steering rack attachment/crossmember insert along with crossmember supports are included in the kit. To modify the crossmember some DIY cutting and welding needs to be done.
Want to know how does Wisefab Lock kit fits your driftcar check below the link CHECK FITMENT or here!
Check out the rear suspension kit for Scion FRS
Scroll down to order your spare parts conviently right here!
Here is our recommended alignment parameters:
Toe in/out: If Ackermann is 0 or negative then toe is 2mm out. If Ackermann is positive then toe is 0
Caster: 5,5 +/-0,5
- 62 degrees of lock, parallel steering
You can tune your steering geometry towards positive Ackermann in just a few minutes even at trackside without messing up the alignment. Ackermann adjustment is included in the kit.
- 7 kg of weight reduction
While still maintaining the required strength and stiffness.
- 7075-T6 aluminium
Billet CNC knuckles and arms with optimized design and all double shear connections provide low weight and high strenght.
- CrMo rod ends and sphericals used instead of OEM bushings
- Higher roll center (RC)
With our knuckle, the ball joint is lowered, which brings the front RC up on a lowered car, providing higher roll stiffness. This allows to remove the front anti roll-bar (sway bar) that is quite difficult to package with high lock angles.
- Good camber control and minimal bump steer with high steering angles
On drift cars the dynamic camber and bump steer is much more important than static. With our kinematics we have assured that the camber will provide very good front grip and bump steer is minimal throughout the steering range.
- Steering jacking control
During drifting, when steering angle is increased, jacking is also bigger, even with the same geometry it could become a problem. We have changed the geometry in a way that doesn't cause any handling issues.
- Consistent and predictable self-alignment torque.
Caster is not the only important parameter to provide sufficient self-alignment torque, especially at high lock. It's the combination of different parameters to maintain consistent trail and self-alignment torque. With our setup the steering wheel turns always to the direction of movement and doesn't get stuck at full lock.
- Pre-set lower control arms
- Knuckles with hardware
- Assembeled tie rods
- Pre-set coilover upper mounts
- Rack relocating kit
- Crossmember supports
- Installation guide
- This kit assumes coilovers for enough clearance
- Dependent on rim width and ET, wider fenders or fender flares are needed.
- Due to extremely wide engine bay on Subaru BRZ, we recommend using tires no bigger than 605mm (215/40R17, 225/40R17, 215/35R18, 225/35R18)
- With tire diameter up to 635mm (215/45R17, 225/45R17, 235/40R17, 225/40R18 etc) and lowered ride height the inner wheel wells need to be slightly modified.
- Minimum rim size is 17“, but we recommend using 18“
- Recommended backspacing is 135-140mm (7“ ET45; 8“ ET35; 9“ ET25). If ET is smaller, then wheels stay more outwards, if ET is bigger, then spacers need to be used.
- Original wheel speed sensor can be used
|Prodmaster Name||Lock Kit for Lexus IS Rear Rack|