Mazda RX-7 Front Lock Kit
All the steel components on RX7 front suspension are from high strenght steel, including sheetmetal components, tubes, tube ends and rod end housings. Rod ends and spherical bearings are used, no rubber bushings. Steering rack at original position can be used or it can be lowered 10mm if needed.
- 62 degrees of lock, parallel steering.
You could tune your steering geometry either towards positive or negative Ackermann in just a few minutes even at trackside without messing up an alignment. Ackermann adjustment kit included.
- Adjustable lock stopper.
- Higher roll center (RC).
On knuckle, both joints are dropped, which brings the front RC up on lowered car, providing higher roll stiffness, good camber control and minimal bump steer with high steering angles. With our kinematics we have assured that the camber would provide very good front grip and bump steer is minimal at all the range of steering.
- Steering jacking control.
During drifting, when steering angle is much bigger, jacking is also bigger, even with the same geometry and it could become a problem. We have changed the geometry that it doesn’t cause any handling issues.
- Consistent and predictable self-alignment torque.
Caster is not the only important parameter to provide sufficient self-alignment torque especially at high lock. It’s the combination of different parameters to maintain consistent trail and self-alignment torque. With our setup the steering wheel turns always to the direction of movement and doesn’t get stuck at full lock.
- Original swaybar can be used in front
- Upper and lower control arms
- Knuckles with hardware.
- Assembeled tie rods.
- Installation guide
Other components, packaging and clearance.
- This kit assumes coilovers to have enough clearance.
- Ride height is designed to be ~80mm from front subframe to ground.
- Dependent on rim width and ET, wider fenders or fender flares would be needed.
- Inner wheel wells do not need to be modified with tire diameter up to 635mm (215/45R17, 225/45R17, 235/40R17, 225/40R18 etc).
- Minimum rim diameter is 17”.
- Recommended backspacing is ~135mm (7“ ET45; 8“ ET35; 9“ ET20). If ET is smaller, then wheels stay more outwards, if ET is bigger, then spacers need to be used.
|Prodmaster Name||Lock Kit|