Mazda RX-8 Front Lock Kit LHD
All the steel components on RX8 front suspension are from high strenght steel, including sheetmetal components, tubes, tube ends and rod end housings. Rod ends and spherical bearings are used, no OEM bushings. The kit comes also with new 7075 aluminium billet U-joint to connect the Mazda steering column to the BMW rack. By default the kit has left hand drive steering rack attachment. Let the us know if you need LHD or RHD application as this affects the rack attachment parts provided with the kit.
- Suitable for Mazda RX8 and MX5 NC (2005 – 2015)
Original steering rack at original position can be used if needed, but as many builds have more rotor sections or I6, V8 swaps, then rack needs to be lowered. The kit comes with parts to fit a BMW E36 or E46 rack to the subframe. The knuckle has 2 positions for tie rod attachment: for original rack position and for a lowered position. For lowered position it has also some adjustability in case someone has already lowered the rack and it doesn't match with our designed height.
- 65 degrees of lock, parallel steering
You can tune your steering geometry either towards positive or negative Ackermann in just a few minutes even at trackside without messing up the alignment. The Ackermann adjustment kit is included.
- Adjustable lock stopper
- Higher roll center (RC)
On Wisefab knuckles, both joints are dropped, which brings the front RC up on a lowered car, providing higher roll stiffness, good camber control and minimal bump steer with high steering angles. With our kinematics we have assured that the camber will provide very good front grip and bump steer is minimal throughout the steering range.
- Steering jacking control
During drifting, when steering angle is increased, jacking is also bigger, even with the same geometry it could become a problem. We have changed the geometry in a way that doesn't cause any handling issues.
- Consistent and predictable self-alignment torque
Caster is not the only important parameter to provide sufficient self-alignment torque, especially at high lock. It's the combination of different parameters to maintain consistent trail and self-alignment torque. With our setup the steering wheel turns always to the direction of movement and doesn't get stuck at full lock.
- Upper and lower control arms
- Knuckles with hardware
- Assembeled tie rods
- Rack relocating kit
- Installation guide
- This kit assumes coilovers for enough clearance
- Ride height is designed to be ~80mm when measured from the subframe to the ground
- Dependent on rim width and ET, widened fenders or flares will be needed
- Inner wheel wells do not need to be modified with tire diameter up to 635mm (215/45R17, 225/45R17, 235/40R17, 225/40R18 etc)
- Minimum rim size is 17"
- Recommended backspacing is ~135mm (7" ET45; 8" ET35; 9" ET20). If ET is smaller, then wheels stay more outwards, if ET is bigger, then spacers need to be used
- Original wheelspeed sensor (ABS sensor) can be used
- Original swaybar can be used in front